Monday, March 5, 2012
Top 10 Makeup Kit Must Haves
Hello Gorgeous Ladies!
Today I decided to write about your makeup kit essentials. Sometimes when we go shop for cosmetics we tend to buy the things that we dont really need or maybe we need but not at the moment and yes I am guilty of that. I'm the "OMG-this-is-cute-I-can-use-this-in-the-future" type of shopper before but let me tell you this..You dont need bunch of stuff to look beautiful..Only few essential items will do. So here are the list of the makeup kit must haves and I'll tell you why you need them.
- Huge eye baggies due to lack of sleep? Zit that strangely resembles Mt. Vesuvius? You're going to need a good concealer. It is your BFF when you're suffering from huge eye bags or zits. It simple covers up these things and it also helps even out the skin tone. Apply this under your eyes and on some part that needs coverage such as around your nose area, around your mouth and on some acne scars. When you have fresh pimple, it is best to use a pimple concealer or any concealer that has tea tree oil in it. I personally dont like to cover up my pimples if they're not dry yet but good thing there are concealers with tea tree oil. Now it can be your bestfriend if you have acne prone skin.
Body Shop Concealer with tea tree oil
Fanny Serrano concealer (the green one)
Careline Pimple concealer with tea tree oil
- We all know that a house or a building needs a good foundation. Well so does our face! A good foundation (liquid or cream) is one of the makeup kit must haves! It can make a difference in your makeup. Although finding the right one for us may be hard, never give up until you find the right one for you. A good alternative for foundation is BB cream. If you dont have a lot to cover up of if you like a light coverage but still flawless looking skin, try this out. Here are some tips on how to find the right foundation for you.
* before buying a foundation, check how it oxidizes on your skin.
* Apply it on your jaw not your hands because you'll have a better look of what the product will turn out after it oxidizes.
* to find the right shade of foundation, match it with your collarbone instead of your neck.
* if you have excessive oily skin, use gel foundation instead.
High end: MAC,Makeup Forever, Bobbi Brown, Chanel
Ever Bilena Stick foundation
Maybelline Gel Foundation
BB Cream: Missha or Skinfood
3. Dual powder foundation
- Even with the presence of liquid or cream foundation, a dual powder foundation a.k.a 2 way cake foundation is definitely a must have. You can choose between this or liquid foundation but as for me, a dual powder foundation is very important. First, you can use it if you want a lighter coverage during the day and you can wet your sponge and apply this powder for full coverage.
Fanny Serrano 2-way cake foundation
Maybelline Clear Smooth all in one Shine free cake powder
4. Eyebrow Kit
- There is nothing wrong with filling in your eyebrows if it's needed. You can define your eyebrows depending on the look you're trying to achieve. An eyebrow kit and brow brush are the things that you need. You can also have brow pencil instead of eyebrow kit. As for me, I have both and I use them all at once.
ELF eyebrow Kit
Nichido mineral pencil
5. Eyeshadow Palette
- I think this is what most girls get excited about when they go shopping for cosmetics. "We" women just can't get enough of eye shadow palettes. It's probably because we always want our eyes to be the center of attraction. Anyway, if you're on a budget but you still want to look amazing, you could never go wrong with neutral shades. They're perfect for day and night. Take the lighter shades for daytime and take the darker ones to deepen up the eye makeup for that sexy evening makeup. You can go from office chic to glamorous evening gal.
Tip: Find a palette that comes with a blush.
Revlon Colorstay 12 hour eye shadow
Nichido Natural Beauty palette (this comes with 2 shades of blush)
Estee Lauder Pure Color (this also comes with 1 pink blush)
NYX Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit (this comes with 2 lip shades)
- An eyeliner can make a huge difference in your eyes. Just like the eye brows, you can apply it anyway you want depending on the look you're aiming for. When applying eyeliner, you should always take your time because it's really hard when you mess it up. Plan ahead. Make sure you already know what kind of eye makeup you're trying to achieve so that when you stroke your fabulous liner, it will look really gorgeous!
NYX Skinny liner
Maybelline gel liner
Nichido Mineral Precise liner
- Just like the eyeliner, mascara can make a huge difference with your eye makeup. It will open up your eyes more and make it look brighter and sexier.
tip: always go for a waterproof mascara.
Maybelline Extreme Stiletto
- In case you dont have a palette that comes with a blush or you just prefer to have a separate blush palette, blush on is definitely a makeup kit must have. This will automatically give you a radiant glow.
Ever Bilena Mousse blush
San San Mousse blush
9. Lip Products
lip balm: EOS, Etude House, Watsons, Maybelline
10. Oil Blotting Sheet
- This is probably the product that some girls forget. Oil blotting sheet is as important as the other cosmetic products in our kit. I know a lot of you know what it's for but let me remind you that before doing a touch up of your powder, use the blotting sheet to absorb the oil on your face.
Kleenex oil control sheet
Watsons Oil Control Sheet
So there you have my top 10 makeup kit must haves. I hope you find this blog helpful. I will talk to you on my next blog. Thanks for reading and Stay Fabulous!