Pages

NuffnangersX

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

DIY Body/Face/Lip Scrub

Hey Everyone,

     Tonight as I was doing my other blog,I thought of writing a tutorial on how to do a body scrub. This is all naturals and you can definitely find the ingredients in your own kitchen. Yup! You heard it right...In your kitchen or as I call it my extended vanity corner. LOL :) I get some of my beauty remedies from my kitchen. One of the products I swear by is honey so I am going to tell you how to make a scrub that will work best on your face body and including your lips.

   So here's what you'll need: honey, sugar, olive oil (optional)

      Before we get started, let me just give you an introduction about the health benefits of these ingredients.

Honey: It's definitely one of the best product you can use on your skin. Honey is 100% natural so it is safe to use on your skin. It has a lot of good benefits not only for the skin but for your health in general. It has the ability to absorb and retain moisture on your skin. This will help you to have a silky smooth skin.Believe me, I saw the big difference on my skin ever since I started using honey as one of my beauty remedies.






Sugar: It can exfoliate your skin and deep cleanse it. It can also hydrate your skin without clogging your pores. This can help your skin to glow as well. There are so many benefits that you can get for using sugar as your over all body scrub.







 These two ingredients alone can do wonders on your skin but if your skin is super dry, you may want to add a little bit of olive oil for extra moisture. If you dont have olive oil, you can try to use baby oil or even the home made coconut oil. The one that we get when we make "latik" out of coconut milk. It is also good but the smell for me is not very pleasing. Anyway, I cannot stress it more PLEASE DONT USE COOKING OIL. :) LOL

 Anyway, let's get started. Here's what you need to do:

- You'll need at least 3 tablespoon of white sugar if you're planning to use this as an over all scrub.
-Add 2 tablespoon of honey and then mix well and there you have your all naturals body scrub.

You may want to lessen the ingredients when you're not planning to use it all over your body. I like to chill this scrub first before I use it because it's more refreshing. And just like what I said earlier, you can add olive oil if you want. Try to exfoliate your skin at least 2x and you'll see the result in just a week. :)

  This is all for now and I do hope you like my very first DIY beauty remedy tutorial. Watch out for more tutorials soon. Thank you for reading and have a good one :) Stay Fabulous


xoxo,

Bee

2 comments:

  1. This is also my favorite scrub!haha I just usually mix olive oil and brown sugar. I ran out of olive oil na, so I've been using yung Watson's na body scrub. It's good, but olive oil works waaay better. Can you recommend olive oil na not so expensive? and where to get it? Thanks! Love the tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Irene :) I was using Clara something before...yes it's expensive but just few days ago, I found Hojiblanca extra virgin olive oil. It's only Php129 in SM supermarket :)

    ReplyDelete